This organization was founded in the middle 1990’s at the Enugu State University of Science and Technology at the faculty of Law (SUT) while the founder was the faculty president of the Law Students Association (LAWSA).
It was not registered officially despite its influence among the students’ activists until the 3rd day of February 2010. Attached is the copy of the certificate of registration.
The organization has four trustees. The organization also has staffs and voluntary members ranging from different professional fields.
Aims and objectives
- To organize youths mass literacy on the basic principles of good governance and human rights including consumer protection rights.
- To discourage youths involvement in terrorism, political and religious violence.
- To fight for freedom of youth’s against oppression, abuse and intimidation.
- To enhance gender information education, research and communication through behaviour change for youths, women and children etc.
- To co-operate and partner as much as possible with government, other non-governmental organization and or agency in the pursuit of its mandate and other relevant information development programmes.
- To protect the rights of HIV/AIDS positive persons & provide human rights protection to them.
- To undertake any appropriate action to enhance the achievement of the mission and vision of the organization.
- To support government programmes through mass literacy mobilization and engagement through radio, television, school mobilization, drama and community based leadership.